What we collect
We may collect personal information about you when it’s reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions or activities such as buying and selling of goods.
The kinds of personal information we may collect includes information about you, such as your:
- contact details.
Information about your interactions with us, such as:
- services we provide you
- feedback and complaints
- any other special service arrangements.
We may also collect information about how you use our website and online services and applications, such as:
- pages you visit
- online forms you fill in
- your interactions
- searches you make.
We may collect sensitive information about you:
- where you consent
- when the collection and consent is required by law
- the collection is otherwise allowed under the Privacy Act.
How does consent work
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at casanoosainteriors.com.au.
How we collect information
We collect your personal information through our core business processes such as buying and selling goods.
We may also collect your personal information when you lodge a complaint, provide feedback or seek advice on design options and scenarios.
Social networking services
We use social networking services such as Facebook and Instagram. When you talk with us using these services we may collect your personal information to communicate with you.
The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies. You can access the privacy policies for these services on their websites.
Why we collect information
We collect personal information about you where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our business functions or activities.
- We may collect your personal information when it is reasonably necessary for buying and selling goods.
- We collect personal information to establish and maintain records for the employment and recruitment of staff.
- We may share your personal information to conduct analysis and market research to improve service delivery, develop new products and modify existing products. We may engage external companies to conduct this research on our behalf.
- Other reasons for collecting information may include:
- To improve our business processes, quality and timeliness of products and services
- To make interacting with Casa Noosa Interiors easier for you
- To provide you with a more personalised experience
- We may use information about your online experience to help us improve our services.
How we store personal information
We store personal information in electronic systems and paper files.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include:
- storing paper records securely
- only accessing personal information on a need-to-know basis and by authorised personnel
- monitoring system access which can only be accessed by authenticated credentials
- ensuring our buildings are secure
- regularly updating and auditing our storage and data security systems.
If a data breach occurs and personal information that we hold about you is subject to unauthorised loss, use or disclosure, we will respond quickly.
If we reasonably suspect that there has been such unauthorised access or disclosure, we will carry out an expeditious assessment to determine if it is an ‘eligible data breach’ and take all reasonable steps to contain the unauthorised access or disclosure.
When no longer required, we destroy or archive personal information in a secure manner.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your personal information for approved purposes or where we are required by law to do so. Some examples are provided below:
- We may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, Courts or external advisors where required by law.
- We may disclose personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety.
How to access and correct information about you
You have the right to both ask:
- for access to personal information that we hold about you
- that we correct personal information we hold about you.
How to make a complaint about privacy
If you wish to complain about how we’ve handled your personal information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue promptly.
How we deal with your feedback
We will always respond to your feedback.
We will use the information from your feedback to investigate and resolve individual issues. We will also use the information to provide feedback to staff or improve our business processes. Your information will be stored and used to assist us to improve our services.